« Home | Remade in Portugal » | Ó mar salgado » | Dos efeitos do efeito Larsson » | Objectiva » | Epá, isto é coisa para fazer o mais empedernido li... » | 9.9.9 » | «Ask not what your country can do for you»: words ... » | Can't buy me love » | Josef Sardu » | É a política de verdade, topas? (da série "desculp... » 

15 setembro 2009 

Breviário de leituras: The strain

The strain, Guillermo Del Toro & Chuck Hogan

«It took Setrakian a few moments, just long enough for the door to close behind him, to recognize the person on the other side of the bare table as Dr. Ephraim Goodweather of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Next to him was the female doctor who had been with him before. Setrakian smiled appreciatively at their ruse, though he was not surprised by their presence.
Setrakian said, “So it has begun”.
Dark circles – like bruises of fatigue and sleeplessness – hung under Dr. Goodweather’s eyes as he looked the old man up and down. “You want out of here, we can get you out. First I need an explanation. I need information.”
“I can answer many of your questions. But we have lost so much time already. We must begin now – this moment – if we have any chance at all of containing this insidious thing.”
“That’s what I’m talking about”, said Dr. Goodweather, thrusting out one hand rather harshly. “What is this insidious thing?”
“The passengers from the plane”, said Setrakian. “The dead have risen”.
Eph did not know how to answer that. He couldn’t say. He wouldn’t say.
“There is much you will need to let go of, Dr. Goodweather”, said Setrakian. “I understand that you believe you are taking a risk in trusting the word of an old stranger. But, in a sense, I am taking a thousandfold greater risk entrusting this responsibility to you. What we are discussing here is nothing less than the fate of the human race – though I don’t expect you to quite believe that yet, or understand it. You think that you are drafting me into your cause. The truth of the matter is, I am drafting you into mine.”»

__________

Etiquetas:

B.I.

Coisas Breves

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates